Just an update on a few things before the end of term, which is coming up very quickly I might add! We have had some heavy rains at Sakeji and the roads are wet and slippery We are in the middle of the second week of interviews for potential pupils for 2015. Please pray for wisdom as we select students for next year. Over 50 applications have come in from a wide variety of places.
We had beautiful weather to enjoy as we celebrated 50 years since Zambian Independence. There were decorations, a larger bonfire then ever, and a school-wide treasure and scavenger hunt!
On 11 November, we had a minute of silence during the morning student assembly as we considered the burial of Mr. Sata. We also considered many of the privileges of growing up in our country and prayed for continued peace and liberty, even at a time like this.
Students are looking forward to being reunited with their families once again – they are counting down the days! A lot of progress has been made through the year and it is encouraging to see their growth in so many areas. There is a baptism planned near end-of-term too! We are also thankful for the many varied learning opportunities we have had this year as well; both here at the school and in the local area. Next week, a visiting biologist from Germany will be here studying dragonflies. Did you know Sakeji has a dragonfly named after it?
Please keep the students and staff in your prayers during the last push towards the end of the year; students writing tests, teachers marking papers and writing reports, practising for the end of term show, and much more will keep us busy the last few days.
- Please remember to communicate with us about your accommodation needs. There are a few ex-pupils coming along with their families, but otherwise we are very full and will not be able to accommodate many extras.
- Clothing + yearbook will be available on Wednesday, 26 November from 13:00 – 15:15. These will be sold on a cash-only basis. Caps (K74), Backpacks (K36), T-shirts (K74), Zipper Hoodie – adult sizes only (K180), Jumper/Hoodie – youth sizes only (K150), yearbook (K10)
- Parent-teacher interviews will be held from 13:30 – 15:30. Please sign in and meet with your child’s teacher concerning their progress.
- Award Ceremony – 15:45 – 17:00. Some students will be recognised for proficiency, effort, and progress. Other special year-end prizes will be given out as well. Father Christmas is scheduled to appear as well. Supper will be served to the students followed by parents and visitors directly after the Award Ceremony.
- End-of-term Programme – 18:30 – Every Land Rejoice
- A tea and snack will be provided for students in the dorm and for parents and visitors in the hall, after the programme.
- Thursday, 27 November – breakfast provided at 07:00. Students, parents, and visitors begin leaving by road and air.
We would appreciate you keeping in mind that this is a tight programme and please be respectful of the time.
Mark Ronald – Headmaster